Church Building History: extract from the book - Maybole,
Carrick's Capital by James T. Gray (Chapter 12, page 122.)
Photo: Rev Dr. E Jauncey. Minister at St. Oswald's
from 1952 - 1965. Photo contributed by his daughter Celia Dancer.
"The Episcopal Church at the foot of Gardenrose Path was built
about the end of last century and is a small neat building with a simple dignity
unfortunately marred by being crammed into a small site. It had a metal
framework bell tower with a little high pitched bell, the sound of which was so
familiar to the townspeople, until the tower was removed during the second World
War to help the war effort in the collection of scrap metal. The interior is
more attractive, than any of the larger churches, with a fine arch to the altar
on the east wall."