Annual Installation of Lodge St. John Maybole No. 11 was
held on Friday 9th January when Right Worshipful Master
Robert Green was installed by Bro Thomas Wason PM, Bro
William Cuthbert PM, and Bro Jimmy DiÁkie PM.
The full list of Office bearers is: Robert Green RWM;
Jimmy Dickie WSW; James Sargent WJW; Stephen Docherty
SD; Harry Cuthbert JD; William Krissa IG; Eric Flanagan
DM; Ross Milligan SM; William Cuthbert PM Secretary;
Alistair Hastings PM Treasurer; Frankie McGarrie Bible
Bearer; Robin Geddes Organist; Peter Ogg PM Marshall;
James Gray PM Architect; and David McIntyre PM Tyler.
The new RWM will be doing a 100 Mile cycle ride on April
18 to raise funds for the Maybole 7th Ayrshire Scouts
and 1st Maybole Guides. Anyone who would like to pledge
sponsorship can contact Robert Green through Facebook or
by email at
email@example.com. If anyone would like to
more about membership of Freemasonry in general or Lodge
St. John Maybole No11, which will be celebrating its
300th anniversary in 2025, please contact Robert Green
on the email address.
Lodge St. John Maybole No. 11 is one of the oldest
Masonic Lodges in Scotland, and its written records go
back in time to the year 1725, but old documents show it
to have been in existence in the year 1599. It was one
of the 33 Lodges represented at the formation of the
The system of numbering the Lodges on the Roll of the
Grand Lodge of Scotland seems to have been a bit
haphazard. Maybole Lodge was originally numbered 14.
This was changed, in 1817, to No. 10 and yet again in
1836 to No. 11 - its present number on the roll.
Strangely, the old Lodge of Maybole No. 14 was one of
the sponsors of Lodge Glasgow Kilwinning who were given
a place on the roll as No. 4.