In 1900 the stain glass windows were fitted and
the church was completely redecorated. These are very famous
windows and people come from all over the world to view them
often with binoculars and cameras. ...In 1900 the congregation
again subscribed to the entire redecoration of the church and
the two large stained glass windows were fitted in the front
wall at this time. Later other stained glass windows were fitted
in memory of John Marshall (of Jack & Sons); as a memorial to
the fallen in the first World War, and in memory of the Rev.
David Swan who was minister for so many years in the Auld Kirk.
Window number 5 below entitled 'PEACE and
PRAISE", is the work of the artist ROBERT ANNING BELL (1863 -
1933) executed by the firm of GUTHRIE & WELLS in Glasgow from
the period in the early 1900's through to 1920. Click
on the images below to view full size.